Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Back In The Saddle



Why hello there! Fancy meeting you here…after all this time. Sorry for the long wait. 

Hard to believe it’s been almost 2 years since I’ve posted to this blog. And sadly, that was a very sad post. 

So much has changed in the last 2 years, and so much is yet to happen.

Let’s see…where to begin to bring us all up to speed…

Biggest change? My son and grandchildren have a home of their own now. They moved out of state (but hey, this is New England, so that isn’t all that far…lol!) The children took the move well and seem to be thriving in their new home, neighborhood and school. Son and his beautiful girlfriend are still together and very much in love. They’ve weathered some storms, but are as strong together as ever.

Now that I had more time on my hands, I took on a new full-time job at the University. It’s in the library and quite…challenging…I know, I know…that doesn’t sound right. But believe me, and maybe I’ll elaborate in a later post…this has been a pretty strange journey… 

And…remember back in 2014 I mentioned something about school? Well, I enrolled in the University and hopefully soon will finally realize a long-held goal to get that darn elusive bachelor’s degree. I’m majoring in history. It’s also...challenging, to say the least!

Hubby is still driving trucks and working nights. Seems like we’re right back in the old daily routine. We just celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary. No big hoopla. We went out to dinner. We bought a new sofa. So exciting, eh? LOL! I think it’s just exciting to still be together after all these years…still loving and affectionate…and attentive…and wanting to actually spend time together every chance we get! 

Our oldest son is still living it up out on his own in the Sunshine State. We’ll be visiting with him soon. Can’t wait! After a long, cold dreary winter, I could use some fun in the sun! 

Middle son is doing great and living out on his own in the next state over. 

I’m proud of all my boys! Even my 2 furry ones, Jax and  Thor. They have been such a joy to have in the house. I love knowing that they’re always there in the house to greet me when I come home. 

And speaking of pets…Ms. Meow is still lounging away and scattering white fur all over everything. Darn cat! She’s lucky I love her so much. But we do have an addition to our pet family. We adopted the middle son’s cat, Rigby, a gray and white feral cat. She’s something else. She’s very aloof and slightly off-kilter. It’s strange watching her try to figure out how to be a housecat but maintain her wild side. She’s torn between the two personalities. 

I also have made time for one of my very favorite passions: travel! Not as much as I’d like, but I  made time for some excursions. Last year I finally crossed the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame off my bucket list! (Sounded so weird, I’m sure, to tell everyone that my vacation plan for the year was to travel to….Cleveland! Ha!)  I’ll have to put together a blog post about that adventure; it was a lot of fun!

So guess that’s it for now. Trying to get back in the blogging swing of things. I’m on a break from school and planning a trip with the grandkids. So maybe…just maybe…I can get some writing in.
Take care…I’ll be right back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!