Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow - Boston Marathon 2013

SPEECHLESS. NUMB. SHOCK.

A myriad of emotions tore through my brain. Searing pain ripped through my heart.
"No!" screamed quietly round and round in my mind.

I couldn't pull my gaze from the horror unfolding before me on the tv screen.

"This can't be happening!"

I clasped my hands in prayer. I lifted my eyes to the heavens.

"Dear God please tell me this is a dream. Not another terrorist attack. Dear God, no."

Terrorism. Evil. Hatred. Why?

There are no answers. There are no words to explain these senseless, cowardly acts.

Yesterday...the world witnessed an unfathomable tragedy.
Today...tell your family you love them, hold them tight.
You never know...there may not be a tomorrow.

 
April 15, 2013
2:50p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!