Yes, that was me. A blubbering, stammering idiot stumbling through the doors of the biggest mall in the United States. I truly needed to catch my breath as I stood before that behomoth of shopping centers. The big kahuna of retail. The promised land for shop-a-holics. The Mall of America. Finally! The Mall has been on my bucket list for a while now and in 2012 I finally entered the welcoming automatic doors of that midwest retail mecca.
I also was blessed to be able to visit some other great places in 2012. And as I look forward to 2013 and begin making plans on where I want to go in the new year, I thought I'd take one final look back at where I've been.
TOP 10 DESTINATIONS OF 2012
10. Boston, MA ("Freedom Trail", "Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market")
9. Hampton Beach, NH ("Hampton Beach Casino/Ballroom")
8. Hartford, CT ("Mark Twain House", "Bushnell Park")
7. Newport, RI ("The Breakers", "Marble House")
6. Concord, MA ("Louisa May Alcott Home")
5. Raleigh/Goldsboro, NC (Son and his family)
4. Fort Walton Beach/Destin, FL (Son and his family's new home, "Harborwalk Village")
3. Kissimmee/Orlando, FL (Son's new home, "Nickelodeon Studios/Resort", "Universal Studios")
2. Atlanta, GA ("Aquarium", "Zoo")
1. Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN ("Mall of America", "Twin Cities Marathon")