Saturday, November 10, 2012

Consignment - A Great Way to Save Money and Recycle!

So I officially entered the consigning world. I've been wanting to clean out some closets and say goodbye to the 3-piece suits that I swear I will not ever wear again! (or at least I hope not....really do NOT want to go back to the corporate world full of dull boring gray cubicles....)
Only problem is the store I chose to start with isn't interested in suits or formal wear, nor did they want my dress slacks, but they did take some jackets and a wool dress for consignment. Cool! It's a start. Hope they sell! One woman's unloved, unwanted clothes are another woman's treasure, eh?
So I continued on and tried another local store but they only look at clothes by appointment only. And would you believe they can't fit me in until the end of December? Really?
Oh well, I will reach out to some other stores to see if they'll take the rest of my clothes off my hands. Don't know if I want to wait until 2013 to try to sell off my fancier outfits. I'm thinking the formal dresses I have would sell better NOW than after the new year. This is the time of year that women dress up for parties and the holidays. They won't be looking for dressy stuff after the new year, right?
So anyway, I feel good that I'm moving forward on cleansing myself of my previous life. The corporate lifestyle is slowly disappearing in my rear view window.

p.s. If you haven't given consignment stores a try, what are you waiting for? They're full of treasures just waiting to be found. And its also a great way to recycle, save money and help local businesses. To find stores near you, just do a quick internet search. Or, if you're shopping in a RI consignment store, look for the brochure that lists all the local stores which makes it easier to find and visit new ones!  Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. reduce~rewear~recycle....i hope to be able to sell formal wear in my shop at some point...we really need it, i'm at a loss as to where to PUT it in my tiny space...hopefully i'll work out the kinks at some point...(hopefully by then you will have sold yours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep checking in with you Jackie. But I'm sure hoping to find a new home for my gently used formal wear. It seems a shame for them to hang in my closet when someone else could be enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!