Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Unemployed x 2 = Unexpected Togetherness

So, you know I lost my job. And I'm working hard on finding a new one - maybe if I'm lucky in a different new exciting field. (I can dream, right?)

Anyway, now there's a new development. Unexpected but expected.

Hubby has joined me in the unemployment line. He was with his company almost 25 years - almost unheard of these days for anyone to be with the same employer for that long. Of course, it's not exactly the same one. He started with a regional family owned business that was acquired by a national company somewhere along the way.

Said national conglomerate allowed corporate greed and total mismanagement to run rampant, leading to its downfall. They've closed their doors. 18000 hardworking, loyal employees out of work.

Sure never saw this one coming - both of us unemployed at the same time. We're either going to come out of this closer than ever or we're going to be at each other's throats. I'll keep you posted.

Wish us luck.......to be continued............................

11 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you guys a lot since I heard the news. You are both smart, resourceful, and hardworking - I know you'll come out the other side of this alright. And hopefully closer and still married! ;p I joke! I joke! Love and best wishes to you both...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzi. It's going to be a challenge. We've never spent this much time together.....what an adventure this will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both have plenty of projects and space to retreat to separate corners if needed. You can always agree to alone time if you start to get on each other's nerves. Who knows, maybe this time will be more of a honeymoon period!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the two of you coming out of this stronger than ever.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will both land on your feet in better places than where you were.Guess I better run another marathon so you two can stay busy! Thanks for your support at the Myles Standish Marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're right Suzi; we'll probably have to set up a schedule so we stay out of each other's way... ha ha!
    thanks for you support, Annette. maybe now we'll have more time to spend w/you and Jacques?
    howie howie howie...how about we try for something that doesn't require much movement...say, a game of trivial pursuit?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure that you and Steve will do well and find something even better! Both of you are hardworking and intelligent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmm i thought i commented on this one... you wont kill each other... you guys will be great! and now you can enjoy spending time together without that worry about what work needs to be done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. are you sure Ashleigh? lol ! we'll keep you posted on that......

    ReplyDelete
  10. ((((HUGS)))) AND PRAYERS FOR THE BEST!

    dAMON

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!