Wednesday, November 28, 2012

RI Music Hall of Fame

A few weeks ago I mentioned in a post that I was going to be volunteering with the RI Music Hall of Fame. So far I've attended a board meeting and tonight I attended a committee meeting.

I am really getting excited about this! The people I've met so far are very excited about this venture and making the Hall of Fame on par with halls in other states. I'm going to be helping with putting together a directory of all the venues in the state and perhaps even developing a blog for the Hall. The other committee members had so many great ideas, including working with schools, sponsoring performances, reaching out to the music community and archiving information about the music scene. I could have sat there for hours listening to them.

I can feel the passion they all have to make the Hall successful and a place that the people of the State of Rhode Island can be proud of. A place that tourists can visit and get a sense of the great talent that abounds in my little state. I like that the emphasis is not just on what and who has come before, it's also focused on today and the future.

Now I need to get the word out and hopefully get others involved. It's such a worthy cause and there are so many ways that people can help. And all it costs is a bit of time.

This is going to be good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great ... good luck and have fun with this.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!