Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nicholas David - Voice of Fresh Air

I'm not much of a reality show fan. I did watch 2 seasons of American Idol. And now I've been watching The Voice. I'm not one who bothers to vote. Usually the talent is good but not my thing. Too young. Too pop. Too cutesy. And I don't think I'll be following any of them after they get booted from either show. Until this year. That's when I first heard and seen Nicholas David on The Voice. And now I'm hooked. If you haven't been watching this show, tune in next week and listen to this singer/pianist. His soulful voice is amazing! Some of the songs he's performed are:
  • My first, My last, My everything - Barry White
  • Stand by me - Ben E. King
  • She's Gone - Hall & Oates
  • Power of Love - Huey Lewis & the News
  • Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
  • Lean On Me - Bill Withers
I found myself tearing up and giving Nicholas a standing O when he finished his gospel rendition of "Lean on Me". You can see his performances on The Voice site.

I think the show should just end right now and give this guy the winner's microphone. None of the other singers can hold a candle to him. We need someone like this in the music world these days so we can tune out the sad excuse for singers that the recording industry keeps churning out. He's a genuine talented throwback to some great singers of yesteryear yet he's a true original and a voice of fresh air.

Love this guy! Go Nicholas!

2 comments:

  1. i watched....and honestly, he's freakin' BRILLIANT...tears, loved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right? i'm just amazed that people are responding so positively to him. honestly, most of the viewers are probably in their teens and 20's. but they're voting for this guy! i love that! maybe there's hope for America after all!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to get your feedback! Please comment below!